A Brief Outline.
Most couples experience difficulties at some points during their relationship. Often this occurs at times of change, uncertainty and stress. It may also relate to a specific event, situation or particular issue, such as:
- communication problems or arguments
- sexual problems
- work related stress
- difficult family relationships
Couples therapy supports each of you to speak about and consider your concerns, in an interactive and non-blaming environment, enabling you to:
- improve communication and develop your relationship
- consider issues in ways that increase your shared understanding of them
- identify strategies for change
- aid decision-making
- resolve past or current difficulties
- prepare for the future
I provide short and longer-term therapy for couples, whether married, civil partners, dating, same-sex or co-habiting. Sessions are typically 50 minutes and take place on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
If you are considering couples therapy and have any questions or would like to book an initial consultation, please contact me.